domenica 6 giugno 2010

Through the Trees



I listen and drive while you talk
about home, the weather...
while autumn leaves descend so gracefully
lights up your face alive with color
this filtered light from above

Your images pour through a hole in my head
no reason, rhyme, nonetheless you're confident

Come, let's stop the car, get lost for a while
arm in arm we'll weave our dreams through the trees
let my silence speak for me

Perhaps you could be
a bridge between what we perceive and believe

Sunbeam come again, play your game
sunbeam wake your game of light through our eyes

Perhaps you could be
a bridge between what we perceive and believe

We can't stop or rest, not even for a while, so we'll crash somewhere. Then we'll hear the bang: the sound of words kept in. They will be heard, but not listened to.

I wished you could trust me, sister. I wish I could make you trust me, but of all the words I spoke, the wrong ones were the loudest... and now that the echo has gone, there's no one around to talk to. Never was.

Are you also alone, sister? Is there always somebody listening to you when you need it?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Music

Lettori fissi

Archivio blog

Informazioni personali